International Fund for Agricultural Development, IFAD was established in 1977 as one of the major outcomes of the 1974 World Food Conference. IFAD is headquartered in Rome.
IFAD supports increased food production in poor communities by providing favourable funding and other resources to poor farmers and landless peoples in developing countries.
For every dollar IFAD invested, it has been able to mobilize almost two dollars from external donors.
The Governing council, where all member states are represented, is the principal decision-making body of the IFAD.
More on IFAD
Key UN documents
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.