The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development( UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the framework of the United Nations. UNRISD was founded in 1963 as part of the United Nations Development Decade. It is located in Geneva.
UNRISD conducts multidisciplinary research on the social dimensions of contemporary problems affecting development. Its work is coordinated with relevant specialized agencies.
UNRISD is entirely funded by voluntary contributions
More on UNRISD
- The UNRISD website provides an overview of ongoing and completed research projects, background information, news, list of publications and full text reports.
- UNRISD research reports.
- The Executive Board of UNRISD submits an annual report to ECOSOC in the documentary series General Assembly Official Records, Supplements. It provides a summary of UNRISD's programme and activities with references to relevant documents and reports.
Key UN documents
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
- All UN documents from 1993-.
- All resolutions of the Principal Organs from 1946-.
- All Security Council plenary documents from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- All supplements to the General Assembly Official Records (GAOR) from 1946-.
- All General Assembly plenary meeting records from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- Older documents are being scanned: Update on UN Digitization Programme.