Research and training institutes, United Nations University
Within the United Nations there are a number of Research and Training Institutes. The institutes are autonomous bodies of the UN, mainly funded by voluntary contributions.
Aims of the institutes
The UN Research and Training Institutes were established in order to
- provide high-priority training
- conduct research projects to facilitate the UN objectives of world peace and security
- conduct research to facilitate economic and social progress.
Overview of the institutes
- UNICRI United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- UNIDIR United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research
- UNITAR United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- UNRISD United Nations Research Institute for Social Development
- UNSSC United Nations System Staff College
- UNU United Nations University.