Department of Global Communications
United Nations Department of Global Communications (DGC) - previously named the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) - is the communications and public relations division of the United Nations. It is tasked with raising public awareness and support of the work of the United Nations through strategic communications campaigns, media and relationships with civil society groups. The DGC is responsible for publishing and disseminating UN documents and reports.
- Yearbook of the United Nations has been the primary reference work on the organization since 1946. It details the many activities of the United Nations and its organs, programmes and bodies as they are carried out in all corners of the world. The collection includes every volume published since 1946 with a detailed subject index, including bibliographical notes and references.
- Basic Facts about the United Nations, 42nd Edition describes the structure and activities of the United Nations and its organisations, and looks at its work under the headings of: international peace and security; economic and social development; human rights; humanitarian action; international law; and decolonization. It also includes details of UN websites, UN member states, past and present peacekeeping operations and UN special observances, as well as providing contact details for the UN.
- UN Chronicle, a magazine that gives an overview of UN activities and offers articles and interviews. It highlights certain themes and provides information about ongoing and upcoming meetings and conferences, and contains references to relevant UN documents and reports.
- Africa Renewal – a magazine focusing on key developments and issues related to the continent.
UN News presents the latest news from the United Nations och multilingual information about the UN activities
The UN News' website contains
- latest news from the UN
- in-depth articles
- press releases
- reports from press conferences
- daily program of the Secretary-General.
IN FOCUS. A one-stop guide to UN issues in the news, with easy access to statements, resolutions and other essential resources.