United Nations forum on forests
United Nations Forum on Forests (UNFF) was established in 2000 as a subsidiary body to the ECOSOC to facilitate the implementation of the forest principles laid down at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development A/CONF.151/26 (vol III). The Forum is headquartered in New York and has universal and equal membership composed of all member states of the United Nations and its specialized agencies.
The aim of the UN Forum on Forests as a high-level UN body is focusing on the issues of international forest policy is mandated to promote the management, conservation and sustainable development of all types of forests and to strengthen long-term political commitment to this end.
The UNFF submits its sessional reports to the General Assembly through ECOSOC.
More on the United Nations Forum on Forests
The individual documents from the United Nations Forum on Forests carry the following symbols:
E/ Economic and Social Council
-/CN.18 Commission number 18 = United Nations Forum on Forests
Ex. E/CN.18/2006/2 Economic and Social Council, United Nations Forum on Forests, year 2006, document 2
- Information about the structure and work of the UNFF and full text documents and reports can be accessed from the website of the United Nations Forum on Forests.
- The United Nations Forum on Forests submits an annual report to the ECOSOC in the documentary series Supplements to the Official Records of the Economic and Social Council.
- Recent supplements are posted as Reports at the ECOSOC website.
Key UN documents
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
- All UN documents from 1993-.
- All resolutions of the Principal Organs from 1946-.
- All Security Council plenary documents from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- All supplements to the General Assembly Official Records (GAOR) from 1946-.
- All General Assembly plenary meeting records from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- Older documents are being scanned: Update on UN Digitization Programme.