The United Nations Statistical Commission is responsible for the development and coordination of statistical services within the UN organization. The Commission also serves as an advisory body to the Secretariat and the UN agencies.
A subunit of the Commission is the United Nations Statistics Division. The subunit collects and disseminates statistical information and publishes statistical data updates, reports and papers regularly.
More on the Statistical Commission
The individual documents of the Statistical Commission carry the following symbols:
E/ Economic and Social Council
-/CN.3 Commission no 3 = Statistical Commission
Ex. E/CN.3/2002/7 Economic and Social Council, Statistical Commission, 2002, document no 7
- Statistical Commission. Documentation and reports from recent years. Information about the structure and work of the Commission.
- The Commission submits an annual report to the ECOSOC in the documentary series Supplements to the Official Records of the Economic and Social Council with the symbol pattern: E/CN.3/YEAR/No.
- Supplements are posted as Reports at the ECOSOC website.
- UNdata includes statistical data from a variety of UN sources.
- UNSD Data : Statistical Databases
- More on UN statistics from the research guide of the UNOG library.
- DagDok : Statistics
Key UN documents
- UN Charter in Swedish | in English
- UN System Chart
- Yearbook of the United Nations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Swedish | in English
- Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action
- Statue of the International Court of Justice
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
- All UN documents from 1993-.
- All resolutions of the Principal Organs from 1946-.
- All Security Council plenary documents from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- All supplements to the General Assembly Official Records (GAOR) from 1946-.
- All General Assembly plenary meeting records from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- Older documents are being scanned: Update on UN Digitization Programme.