Commission for social development
Since the convening of the World Summit for Social Development (WSSD) in Copenhagen in 1995, the Commission for Social Development (CSocD) has been the main UN body for the implementation of the Copenhagen Declaration and Programme of Action.
The Commission consists of 46 members elected by ECOSOC.
More on the Commission
The individual documents from the Commission for Social Developmentcarry the following symbols:
E/ Economic and Social Council
-/CN.5 Commission no 5 = Commission on social Development
Ex. E/CN.5/2004/7 Economic and Social Council, Commission for Social Development, 2004, document no 7
- Commission for Social Development. Information about the structure and work of the Commission and full text documents and reports.
- The Commission submits an annual report to the ECOSOC in the documentary series Supplements to the Official Records of the Economic and Social Council with the symbol pattern: E/CN.5/YEAR/No.
- Recent supplements are posted as Reports at the ECOSOC website.
- Information about the World Summit for Social Development 1995 with links to full text documents.
Key UN documents
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
- All UN documents from 1993-.
- All resolutions of the Principal Organs from 1946-.
- All Security Council plenary documents from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- All supplements to the General Assembly Official Records (GAOR) from 1946-.
- All General Assembly plenary meeting records from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- Older documents are being scanned: Update on UN Digitization Programme.