Development assistance to children
Development assistance to children is channelled through the United Nations Children's Fund- UNICEF.
Several UN programs, funds and specialized agencies work with child-related activities. Among these you will find:
More information in DagDok
United Nations Scientific, Educational and Cultural Organization
International Labour Organization
World Food Programme
World Health Organization
United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
More on UN and Development assistance to children
- Convention on the Rights of the Child is the core document which sets the agenda for the United Nations work for children. More on the Convention, at DagDok: Rights of the Child.
- UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund.
- UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- ILO - International Labour Organization.
- WFP- World Food Programme.
- WHO- World Health Organization.
- UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.
Key UN documents
- UN Charter in Swedish | in English
- UN System Chart
- Yearbook of the United Nations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Swedish | in English
- Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action
- Statue of the International Court of Justice
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
Last modified: 2023-03-31