Other legal areas
One of the fundamental pillars of the United Nations is respect for the international legal order. Consequently, there is a broad spectrum of other legal areas relevant to the work of the United Nations, including:
More on UN and legal areas
- UN International Law.
- Yearbook of the United Nations provides an overview of the United Nations work related to legal areas with a subject index.
Full text international legal material relevant to the United Nations:
- All subject areas: Conventions, Declarations and other Instruments Found in General Assembly Resolutions.
- Trade law: United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- International law: International Law Commission, Texts, instruments and final reports
- Environmental law: UNEP. Environmental rule of law.
- Human rights: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. International Human Rights Law
Key UN documents
- UN Charter in Swedish | in English
- UN System Chart
- Yearbook of the United Nations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Swedish | in English
- Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action
- Statue of the International Court of Justice
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
Last modified: 2023-03-21